A cake for all fans of chocolate orange flavours and of course Jaffa cakes , this Jaffa Cake Celebration Cake is perfect for a special occasion. I actually made this cake a little while ago for a friend’s birthday. Being a massive fan of Jaffa […]
Tag: jaffa cake
Welcome to Week 9 of the Great Bloggers Bake Off and it is semi finals of the Great British Bake Off already – eeeeeek just one week left. I feel a bit sad……..but not as sad as the fact that there is still no cake […]
Next Wedneday sees the return of the Great British Bake Off this time on BBC 1 , and that means
the return of the Great Bloggers Bake Off on Mummy Mishaps!
Last year so many lovely and very talented blogger bakers joined in and I hope they will again this year and I also hope that maybe we will get some new bakers ready to blog their way through the bake off each week. There will be a new badge, new star baker badges and I am working on some great prizes for the finale once again. As before we will have our pinterest board and I will RT any linked up bakes as long as the links are directed at me (@JennyPaulin).
Full details about the blogging bake off will be up on my blog next week in time for the start of the new TV series, with some slight changes to the format from last year which I hope will be of mutual baking and blogging benefit! Oooooh its very exciting and I cannot wait to see the new show and get my blogging pinny on to join in, and also put my Jenny Berry hat on when it comes to judging all your wonderful masterpieces!
In the meantime, no post about a baking feature would be complete without a cake so here is one I made earlier – a combination which I love in a bake chocolate and orange mmmmmm! I was recently sent some new Robinsons Fruit Shoot Jam (yes the people behind the Fruit Shoot drinks for children have brought out a range of jams in easy to squeeze bottles which contain 30% less sugar than regular jams), and one was an orange jam, which I thought would work rather well inside a sponge cake topped with chocolate buttercream! Hence my Chocolate and Orange Jam Jaffa Cake was created – yum!
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g self raising flour
- 4 eggs
- Fruit Shoot Orange Jam
- 2 tbsp of chocolate spread
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 50g milk chocolate
- 50g plain chocolate
- pre heat the oven to 180oC / 160oC (fan)
- grease and line 2 x 8 inch cake pans
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and soft - about 5 minutes
- Add the eggs and a spoonful of the flour and beat for a few minutes until light and airy
- Fold in the remaining flour along with a good squirt of the orange jam
- Divide the batter between the two cake pans and then cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked right through
- Leave to cool, then remove from the cake pans and make your chocolate frosting
- Beat the cream cheese and chocolate spread together to make a smooth chocolate cream
- Place one sponge onto your cake plate and spread some of the orange jam over it
- On the other sponge, cover with the the chocolate frosting and then sandwich the two together
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and melt - I put mine in the microwave for 30 sec blasts (took about 90 secs to melt)
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then cover the top of your cake , and it should leave a glossy shine just like a jaffa cake.
- Enjoy 🙂
The jam is lovely and tangy and not too sweet at all, and added to the with the sponge and chocolate frosting, and then the chocolate topping it really does taste like a jaffa cake! But do keep the cake in a cool place in between eating it, especially in this warm weather.
I was sent some new Robinsons Fruit Shoot Jam for the purpose of a review.
linking up to Supergolden Bakes