A cake for all fans of chocolate orange flavours and of course Jaffa cakes , this Jaffa Cake Celebration Cake is perfect for a special occasion.
I actually made this cake a little while ago for a friend’s birthday. Being a massive fan of Jaffa cakes and all things chocolate and orange, I decided to bake him a Jaffa Cake Celebration Cake in recognition of his love of these delicious sweet things.
As with most of my cakes, it was completely made up in terms of the decoration and it was very easy to make too. It was merely a chocolate sponge cake, filled with a chocolate orange flavoured buttercream, which was topped with some melted chocolate orange and then topped with Jaffa cakes and chocolate orange Matchsticks.
I also sprayed on some edible gold glitter, but that was purely for fun and is not essential!
I actually think the cake looks much better from the top looking down onto to it.
It was very delicious and was enjoyed by the birthday boy and his friends.
Here is the recipe for this Jaffa Cake Celebration Cake:
- For the cake*
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150g self raising flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- *For the buttercream*
- 100g unsalted butter
- 150g icing sugar
- 50g chocolate orange segments
- 200g chocolate orange
- Jaffa Cakes (approx 15)
- Chocolate Orange Matchmakers
- pre heat the oven to 180oC / 160oC (fan)
- grease and line 2 x 8 inch sandwich tins
- cream the butter and sugar together for about 5 minutes until pale and soft
- add the eggs and a spoonful of the flour and beat for a few more minutes
- fold in the remaining flour and the cocoa powder
- divide the batter between the two tins and then cook in the oven for 22-25 minutes approx
- leave the cakes to cool
- once the sponges are cold to the touch, make your buttercream:
- melt the chocolate orange ad leave to cool slightly
- Cream the butter for a few minutes to soften, then add the icing sugar and beat until soft and creamy
- add the cooled melted chocolate orange and beat well
- *Assembling the cake *
- Sandwich the two sponges together with the buttercream
- Pour the melted chocolate orange over the top the cake, and allow it cool for about 2 minutes
- Now add your Jaffa cakes and Matchsticks
- Once the chocolate has set, place in the fridge to allow to set more firmly.
Pin for later x
Bake Of The Week
Thank you to everyone who linked up with my Bake of the Week co-host Helen last week. There were some delicious bakes and we appreciate all of you who took the time to link up. I have picked out a few that had a similar theme to their recipes, and collated them. It seemed that incorporating fruit or vegetables into our bakes was a popular choice last week. These recipes would be great for using up any marrows, pumpkin flesh, plums or apples which, with it now being autumn, are fruits and vegetables that are now in season and in abundance.
The recipes were:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
So thank you to everyone who joined in. We will be back next Thursday with a new Roundup over with Helen . The linky is now open for you to add your bakes. We share widely across Twitter, Pinterest, Stumble Upon, Facebook (when possible) & G+ aswell as linking to each entry in the following week’s roundup and comments. If you get chance, please visit a couple of other entrants and let them know where you found them by leaving #BakeoftheWeek.
Our Bake of the Week Facebook group has just been opened so I would like to invite anyone with an interest in baking to join. We hope to build a real community of like-minded bakers from all areas. You don’t need to be a professional – Newbie questions are totally welcome. We will be a safe place where no question is too basic or advanced. The link to add yourself is HERE
So if you have a new Bake of the Week, then please link up below and you have one week until the linky closes. looking forward to seeing what is new with you and your bakes xx
Hosted this week by Jacqueline
Linking to Angela’s