Alongside my Christmas Pudding, I like to serve another option for those who are not fans of the more traditional dessert. For me it is always a cheesecake. Last year I served up my Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake, but because I had a lot of children at the table this year (7 to be precise) I opted for a more child (and big kid!) friendly flavour of white chocolate and Maltesers.
This is an easy no bake cheesecake which does not take long to make and I made mine Christmas Eve afternoon, and decorated it Christmas day morning while my turkey was roasting away and I had some spare time. The cheesecake is made with a mixture of double cream, soft cheese and mascarpone with some melted white chocolate stirred through. The I added some crushed and whole Maltesers to the cheesecake mix which I poured over a chocolate digestive base.
The decoration was very simple, just some melted milk chocolate drizzled over the top with some more Maltesers added.
Please excuse the photos – I took them on my phone as the camera had been hidden away, so the cheesecake was not as yellow in colour as these photos make it appear. It was white.
Here is the recipe and method if you fancy a go at recreating this yourself.
- 300g milk chocolate digestives
- 100g butter + extra for greasing
- 300ml double cream
- 200g mascarpone
- 250g full fat soft cream cheese
- 250g white chocolate, melted
- 230g grab bag of Maltesers
- 100g milk chocolate
- Grease and line a loose bottomed tin (8 inch)
- Make your biscuits into crumbs - I blitzed mine in a food processor- and place in a large bowl
- Melt the butter and stir into the biscuits
- Pour the buttery biscuit mixture into the bottom of your tin and press down to make your base
- Leave to cool
- Place the cream, cream cheese and mascarpone into a food processor or large bowl and beat together until it thickens. You don't want it stuff - just thick and creamy with some movement
- Stir through the melted chocolate along with 3/4 of the Maltesers
- Pour it all into your tin and smooth over the top
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- An hour before you are ready to serve, drizzle the melted milk chocolate across the top and then add your leftover Maltesers.
- Return to the fridge for an hour to set
- Serve and enjoy 🙂