Now more regular visitors to my blog will realise that we are big fans of Ferrero Rocher in my house, well when I say ‘we’ I am referring to my OH and I. He is the bigger fan and as a result I have made a few Ferrero Rocher inspired recipes already, namely a Ferrero Rocher Cake and some Ferrero Rocher Cake Pops . However, I have always wanted an excuse to make a Ferrero Rocher cheesecake, after seeing a few versions doing the rounds on my facebook timeline and on pinterest.
I have made this cheesecake a few times now, and not only it is very easy to make, I think it looks impressive and it tastes amaze-innnnng!!!! I served it on Christmas Day in place of Christmas Pudding for a change, and it went down well with my guests (apart from my boys and my brother who had jelly and ice cream!). So if you have any Ferrero Rocher leftover from Christmas , or want to buy some to make this then here is how you make my version of this cheesecake.
Remember – with this cheesecake I am really spoiling you 😉
Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake Recipe
- 300g digestives - bashed into crumbs
- 25g ground hazelnuts
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp Nutella
- 300g cream cheese
- 200g mascapone
- 300ml double cream
- 50g (approx) ground hazelnuts
- 7 Ferrero Rocher, cut in half
- grease and line a loose bottomed 8inch cake tin
- add the digestives and nuts to the butter and mix well
- Press down into the bottom of the cake tin
- leave to cool down for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile to make your cheesecake, simply place the cream and cream cheese into a bowl and beat with a whisk until firm - but not too firm
- Add the nutella and then whisk again to thicken.
- You want the mixture to be set and form but not stiff - still some movement
- place in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- Once you are ready to serve, carefully remove from the tin onto a serving stand
- cover the top with the ground hazelnuts
- decorate with the Ferrero Rocher halves
- **tip - do not add the Ferrero Rocher until the last minute else their weight can make the cheesecake collapse!!!
Well, I don’t think I need to say anything more about this cheesecake – it is delicious and is a firm favourite in our home. Why not give it a go yourself?