This delicious MaltEaster Bunny & Mini Egg White Chocolate Cheesecake would make an amazing dessert for Easter, or any time of the year while these Easter choccie treats are available to buy.
Last year I made a very easy but very yummy looking Malteser MaltEaster Bunny and Mini Egg Chocolate Cake and it was so popular , and still is this year with people looking for Easter inspired cakes. So I wanted to create another yummy Easter inspired recipe, that I hope will prove to be as well received with fellow chocaholics everywhere!
So last Easter I made a cheesecake for our dessert on Easter Sunday at my OH’s parents, and I used mini eggs and Malteaster bunnies once again for the decoration. I featured the photo on my instagram feed, and it got a great reaction. It was too late to feature it on my blog last year, so here it is now, my MaltEaster Bunny & Mini Egg White Chocolate Cheesecake
As with the majority of my recipes, this is very easy to make and to decorate, but it does look really delicious and tempting and would make an ideal pudding to serve to your family this Easter.
The cheesecake itself is made using white chocolate and mini eggs, so if you look carefully at the sides you can see little flecks of colour from the eggs.
I think the mini eggs with their gorgeous sugary pastel coloured shells make such a pretty cheesecake or cake topper
and those little cute chocolate mini bunnies look adorable nestled among the eggs. Yes, it should be mini chocolate chicks really with eggs shouldn’t it? Alas, Maltesers have not made these in chocolate form! (yet!?)
Mmmmm it was very nice and was well received on Easter Sunday last year – it certainly did not stay around for long by the time everyone took a slice!
Here is the recipe for this scrumptious MaltEaster Bunny & Mini Egg White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 300g digestives
- 100g butter + extra for greasing
- 300ml double cream
- 200g mascarpone
- 250g full fat soft cream cheese
- 250g white chocolate, melted
- 1 x 90g bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Maltesers MaltEaster mini bunnies
- more Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Grease and line a loose bottomed tin (8 inch)
- Make your biscuits into crumbs - I blitzed mine in a food processor- and place in a large bowl
- Melt the butter and stir into the biscuits
- Pour the buttery biscuit mixture into the bottom of your tin and press down to make your base
- Leave to cool
- Place the cream, cream cheese and mascarpone into a food processor or large bowl and beat together until it thickens. You don't want it stuff - just thick and creamy with some movement
- Bash the bag of mini eggs a little with a rolling pin
- Stir through the melted chocolate along with the mini eggs
- Pour it all into your tin and smooth over the top
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Just before you are ready to serve, carefully remove the cheesecake from your tin and decorate the cheesecake with your mini eggs and mini bunnies as per my photos - or any way you like
- Return to the fridge once its been served (if you have any left of course!)
So why not let this be the centrepiece dessert this Easter for you and your family?
Linking this up to: