These Chocolate Orange Flapjacks are delicious: filled with dark chocolate chips, with a tangy orange flavour and topped with Terry’s chocolate orange.
Chocolate Orange is such a delicious flavour combination and features a lot in my baking (see the bottom of this post for examples). Due to the success of my Mars Bar flapjacks I wanted to create a similar recipe using Terry’s chocolate orange, and here they are my Chocolate Orange Flapjacks which are seriously moreish.
The great thing about these flapjacks is that they are very simple to make and only need 5 ingredients.
They are perfect fo using up any Terry’s chocolate orange that might be having around your house. However, if like my house, there is never any left over because we love it too much, then you will just have to buy some especially for this recipe.
I have decorated the flapjacks with milk chocolate ,chocolate orange because that was what I had in my house. Of course, the dark chocolate version would possibly work better because dark chocolate and orange go so well together (hence, Jaffa cakes!).
Whichever of the Terry’s chocolate orange you decide to use, one thing is for certain – these are delicious and will not hang around for long.
While the cooked flapjack is in its tin, use a sharp knife to mark out the portions. Therefore, once the bake is cold enough to remove, the slices are ready to cut through and remove more easily.
Here is the recipe for Chocolate Orange Flapjacks
- 250g unsalted butter
- 450g marmalade
- 400g porridge oats
- 200g dark chocolate chips
- 1 Terry's chocolate orange
- Pre heat an oven to 160oC / 140oC (fan)
- Grease and line a 9inch square baking tin
- Place the butter and marmalade into a pa and melt together over a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat
- Pour in the oats ad mix well
- Add the chocolate chips and stir through
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake for 25-30 mins until just golden brown
- Using a knife , mark your portions
- Leave to cool before removing from the tin
- Once removed and cut into the portions, melt ½ the chocolate orange and drizzle it over each flapjack
- decorate with the remaining chocolate orange segments.
and a video with a step by step guide to making them
Pin for later x
Some of my other Chocolate Orange Recipes: