Back in February when my OH turned 40, I held a night in and invited some friends over for a home cooked , slow cooked beef brisket chilli and then for pudding I made a chocolate cheesecake. Not any chocolate cheesecake you understand, but a Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cheesecake no less, as that is one of his favourite chocolates.
This is an easy no bake cheesecake to make, and for anyone who loves chocolate orange it is bound to be a big hit and a pleasure to eat.
Obviously, you do not have to sue the mixed orange segments on top of your cheesecake, as you can just use regular Terry’s chocolate orange pieces instead which are easier to get hold of too.
I probably should have smoothed the circumference of the cheesecake with a knife for the purpose of the photos, but to be honest it did not occur to me until I checked the photos a few days later, and by then it was too late to re-shoot because it had all been eaten!
Anyway, it was delicious and went down very well with the birthday boy and his guests. It was quite rich so a small slice is plenty – in one sitting at least! If you fancy having a go at making it yourself, then here is how:
- 2 x packets of Oreo cookies
- 200g digestives
- 100g butter + extra for greasing
- 300ml double cream
- 200g mascarpone
- 250g full fat soft cream cheese
- 2 Terry's chocolate oranges
- 1 box of Terry's Chocolate Orange Segsations Carton 330G
- Grease and line a loose bottomed tin (8 inch)
- Make your biscuits into crumbs - I blitzed mine in a food processor- and place in a large bowl
- Melt the butter and stir into the biscuits
- Pour the buttery biscuit mixture into the bottom of your tin and press down to make your base
- Leave to cool
- Place the cream, cream cheese and mascarpone into a food processor or large bowl and beat together until it thickens. You don't want it stuff - just thick and creamy with some movement
- Stir through the melted chocolate orange
- Pour it all into your tin and smooth over the top
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Just before you are ready to serve, decorate the top of the cheesecake with the chocolate orange segments including the leftover role chocolate orange (which will need to be broken into segments!)
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
If you make this cheesecake, it won’t be Terry’s because it will be all yours!!! Enjoy.