There are some days when I have a look through my kitchen cupboards and I do not quite have enough ingredients to make what I actually intended, so I end up having to improvise. I found some porridge oats so I thought I could make some flapjacks but I did not have any golden syrup or honey! BUT I did have some Mars Bars which I know work in place of syrup in these homemade Toffee Crisp Bars, so I wondered if they would work in a flapjack!
Would they – could they work?
There is o nly one way to find out – read on and find out how I made these easy and very tasty Mars Bar Flapjacks.
- 200g Mars Bars
- 150g unsalted butter
- 200g porridge oats
- Pre heat the oven to 160 oC / 140oC (fan)
- Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin
- Place the butter and Mars Bars in a pan over a low heat and melt together
- Add the oats and mix well
- Pour into your prepared tin and place in the oven
- Cook for about 30 minutes until golden brown and cooked
- Leave to cool and then cut into squares
These tasted nice – possibly not as sweet as a standard flapjack but I do not mind that to be honest. Such a quick flapjack to make and possibly not as sugarific as they normally are either. Give them a try next time you fancy a flapjack – I think you will like what you eat!