These easy Breakfast Flapjacks are a doddle to make and are made from just 3 ingredients!
I like to keep things simple. I hate lots of faff when I am cooking and I will make short cuts if I can to save time and lots of paper in the kitchen!
Flapjacks are relatively easy to make aren’t they? Having made flapjacks before using only a handful of ingredients, such as my Mars Bars Flapjacks and my Mince Meat Flapjacks before, I have been wanting to discover if I could make ones using marmalade as the sticky ‘glue’ to hold them together.
When I received this months Degustabox UK delivery, I found a box of Dorset Cereal Ultimate Adventures, and some Good Hemp Seed Hearts and decided that now would be the time to see if I could make flapjacks using just this cereal along with some butter and marmalade, and then topped with the hemp seeds.
Well guess what?
It worked and made some delicious flapjacks that would make a perfect breakfast bar or snack. Using just 3 ingredients no less!
The marmalade adds a lovely tang to the bake, and the hemp seeds some texture.
These are VERY easy to make, and obviously you can just use oats if you do not want to use the Dorset Cereal.
Here is how I made these Breakfast Flapjacks
- 600g box of Dorset Cereal
- 1 x 400g jar of marmalade
- 250g butter
- hemp heart seeds for the topping
- pre heat the oven to 160oC (fan) /180oC
- grease and line a brownie tin
- place the butter and all of the marmalade into a non stick pan over a moderate heat, and allow to melt, stirring occasionally.
- place the cereal into a large bowl
- once melted, pour over the Dorset Cereal and stir well
- pour into your lined tin and cover with the hemp seeds
- and bake in the oven for about 20 -25 minutes until just golden brown
- leave to cool in the tin, but mark slices with a sharp knife
- once cooled, carefully slice and remove and enjoy
Pin for later x
I receive a Degustabox as part of my on going ambassador role.