This easy to make Lemon Jammie Dodgers Traybake uses the limited edition Lemon Jammie Dodgers biscuits and tastes as good as it looks.
As soon as I saw that there was a limited edition Lemon Jammie Dodger biscuit available, I knew that I had to recreate my Jammie Dodgers Traybake Cake recipe and make a lemon version.
As with my jam version, this lemon version is very easy to make and is the type of bake that would be perfect to sell at a school fete or a coffee morning.
I have made my raspberry Jammie Dodgers version lots of times and it is always very popular with friends and family and school fund raisers, and I now make 12 portions per bake instead of (which is what I did originally with the recipe). This also means that the cake portions are not so high, thus making them easier to eat.
The slices are quite big owing to the size of the biscuits themselves. However, I do not think large squares of cake is much of a problem!
Lemon Jammie Dodgers Traybake Recipe
- 225g butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract /essence
- 225g self raising flour
- zest of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon curd
- 12 Lemon Jammie Dodger biscuits
- Pre heat the oven to 180oC / 160oC (fan)
- Grease and line a 12 inch rectangular tin
- In a bowl cream together the butter and sugar until pale and smooth
- Add the eggs and the vanilla extract and beat well
- Fold in the flour
- Stir through the lemon zest
- Then slowly and lightly fold 1 tbsp of the lemon curd into the cake batter to make a swirl - you do not eat to mix it in completely
- Pour into your prepared cake tin
- Where you will add the biscuits , add a splodge of lemon curd to the top of the batter
- Top each lemon curd splodge with the 12 Lemon Jammie Dodgers
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until golden and cooled right through
- Once cold, remove from your tin and cut into squares - they are big pieces but worth it!