This indulgent no bake Oreo and Malteser Cheesecake is as easy to make as it is to eat. Sat on a Oreo biscuit base, this creamy Malteser cheesecake filling is topped with more Maltesers and Oreo cookies. Delicious!
This delicious and indulgent Oreo and Malteser Cheesecake is the perfect no bake dessert for fans of Maltesers, Oreos and white chocolate cheesecake. It is very easy to put together and only needs a few hours to chill before you can present it to people as a yummy pudding.
I actually forgot I even had this recipe. I happened to be going through my draft blog posts earlier, when I came across it hidden away since last February! face forgetting about such a dessert as this.
As with the majority of my creation, this is a simple dessert to create and as is the case with many of my cakes and bakes and puddings, the decoration of this Oreo and Malteser Cheesecake just came to me as I was making it. However, I think it looks striking and, most importantly, very delicious!
The base is made from crushed Oreos which gives it such a great dark colour in contrast to the creamy white chocolate cheesecake filling. For extra indulgence, I added some crushed Maltesers into the cheesecake too.
All in all this is one amazing tasting cheesecake.
The Recipe for this Oreo and Malteser Cheesecake
- 300g Oreo cookies
- 100g butter + extra for greasing
- 300ml double cream
- 200g mascarpone
- 250g full fat soft cream cheese
- 250g white chocolate, melted
- 230g grab bag of Maltesers
- 1 packet Oreo cookies for decoration
- Grease and line a loose bottomed tin (8 inch)
- Make your biscuits into crumbs - I blitzed mine in a food processor- and place in a large bowl
- Melt the butter and stir into the biscuits
- Pour the buttery biscuit mixture into the bottom of your tin and press down to make your base
- Leave to cool
- Place the cream, cream cheese and mascarpone into a food processor or large bowl and beat together until it thickens. You don't want it stuff - just thick and creamy with some movement
- Stir through the melted chocolate along with ⅓ of the Maltesers
- Pour it all into your tin and smooth over the top
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- An hour before you are ready to serve, top the cake with some crushed and non crushed Maltesers and add some Oreo cookies around the edge as per my photos.
Bake of the Week
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Welcome to a new Bake of the Week. Thank you to everyone who linked up last week, all very delicious and perfect bakes for celebrations. There was a bit of a Valentines theme going on with the bakes which stands to reason, with it being February 14th earlier this week. Here they are:
- Cute little Love Heart Jam Tarts from Hodge Podge Days
- An amazing Valentines Rocky Road by Foodie Quine
- Pretty Hidden Heart Cupcakes from Curly’s Cooking
- Beautiful Mini baked vanilla donuts with blood orange glaze from Something Sweet Something Savoury
- Stunning Rose, Lemon & Pistachio Baked Donuts by the Baking Explorer
- Finally my own Strawberry and White Chocolate Surprise Cake
So now to pick my own Bake of the Week ……… Well Congratulations to Cat with her gorgeous cupcakes – those hidden hearts are so vibrant and neat.
The new linky opens every Thursday with a new Roundup, hosted by myself and Helen . The bakes linked up will be shared widely across Twitter, Pinterest, Stumble Upon, Facebook (when possible) & G+ . Also, all linked up bakes will have a link in the following week’s roundup and comments. If you can, please visit a couple of other entrants and let them know where you found them by leaving #BakeoftheWeek.
Furthermore, there is now a Bake of the Week Facebook group . Anyone with an interest in baking is invited to to join. We hope to build a real community of like-minded bakers from all areas. You don’t need to be a professional – Newbie questions are totally welcome. It is a safe place where no question is too basic or advanced. The link to add yourself is HERE
Please do link up your new #BakeoftheWeek here: