These Mini Egg & Marshmallow Crispy Cakes are very easy to make and devour! Perfect for making with your children as no oven is required.
I love the baking ideas that Easter provides. I still have a few that I have not made yet, and I might try and get one more out before the Ester weekend, but I fear that this one may be my last until next year now, due to it being the holidays and I have no playgroup to donate my baking to!
This take on mini egg crispy cakes is actually based on my popular Toffee Crisp recipe , but I added marshmallows and mini eggs to the mixture and some white chocolate too.
This no bake recipe is very easy too make and could be rustled up with your children this easter holidays.
It is also extremely easy to eat as it is so moreish and will not hang around for long – well maybe it will, maybe it is just my family that cannot resist it!
I made a little video showing how easy it is to make which you can watch here
Here is the recipe in full for these delicious Mini Egg & Marshmallow Crispy Cakes
- An easy recipe to make toffee crisp style Easter mini egg and marshmallow bars, using mars bars and Rice Krispies.
- 200g Rice Krispies (or coco pops)
- 100g unsalted butter
- 8 x 39g Mars Bars – roughly chopped
- 400g milk chocolate
- 100g white chocolate
- 2 x 90g bags of Tesco micro chocolate eggs
- 1 bag of Cadburys Mini Eggs
- Easter marshmallows (or regular ones will do)
- Line a large brownie tin with grease proof paper
- Place the butter and the Mars Bars into a saucepan and melt gently over a low heat, stirring frequently.
- Once melted, beat well to eliminate any lumps
- Add the coconut pops/krispies and mix well to ensure they have been coated in the mars bar sauce
- Stir in a few handfuls of the chocolate eggs and marshmallows
- Pour into the baking dish and ensure it is pressed into all the corners and the top is smooth
- Cover with tin foil and chill for about an hour
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate – I did mine in the microwave at 30 second bursts
- Once the krispy mixture is cool, pour the milk chocolate over the top and smooth it all over
- Cover and chill again for at least 30 minutes
- Remove from the fridge and drizzle the white chocolate over the top
- Then decorate with the remaining mini eggs and marshmallows
- Then carefully, using a sharp knife, score the cake bars - you should get approx 16 cakes
- Cover and leave somewhere cool again until the chocolate is cool and then place in the fridge for an hour to set, before cutting and removing form the baking dish
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge to keep them as crispy as possible and the chocolate firm and chilled.
If you have a delicious bake, please come and link it up to:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
So if you have a bake please link up and remember to comment on as many other linked up bakes as your are able to please .
The linky will remain open until Monday evening for you to add up to 3 bakes per blog. Please remember to link to both Helen (http://casacostello.com) and me (http://mummymishaps.co.uk) in your blog posts please, aswell as adding the #BakeoftheWeek badge below. If you tweet your recipe, please include me (@jennypaulin) and/or Helen (@casacostello) and we will RT it.
What we will do:
*Comment on every entry
*Include a pic and link to every entry in the following week’s roundup
*Pin, G+ Tweet each entry – Most will also be added to StumbleUpon, Yummly
Thank you to everyone who linked up last week over with Helen, and here are the delicious bakes that were featured:
Amy’s BEST VANILLA CUPCAKES
Debbie’s Raspberry and Lemon Muffins
Amy’s Jam Tarts
Louise’s Fried Egg Biscuits For Easter
They were all gorgeous and made me hungry! However, there can only be one winner of this weeks #BakeoftheWeek and I am awarding it to…….Louise – well done! I adore these biscuits so clever and very pretty too.
Here is this weeks linky ready and waiting for your new bakes , or like my recipe this week a no bake, of the week 🙂 it is open for 2 weeks this time x