I received my Degustabox Uk earlier this week, and because I knew I would be busy over the weekend with my GBBO bake, I decided to review my box early instead. After looking at all of the products inside my box, I decided to make some very easy flapjacks using the Dorset Cereal Bircher Mix Raspberry & Blackcurrant , as I thought these would make the finished flapjacks taste lovely with the freeze dried fruit within it.
The flapjacks are VERY easy to make and only contain 3 ingredients: butter, golden syrup and the oaty cereal
The cereal looks very pretty and smells lovely too 🙂
The flapjack tastes really nice and I love how easy it is to make – it would be a perfect recipe for children to have a go at making, with some adult supervision of course
- 1 x 600g box of Dorset Cereal Bircher Mix Raspberry & Blackcurrant
- 250g butter
- 500ml golden syrup
- Pre heat the oven to 170oC / 150oC (fan)
- Line a rectangular brownie tin with grease proof paper
- Melt the butter and syrup in a large pan over a moderate heat until the butter is melted
- Pour the cereal into the syrup mixture and stir well
- Pour into your prepare tin and smooth over into all the corners
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until just golden
- Leave to cool. After 15 minutes, score your slices
- When completely cooled, remove and store in a tin or serve straight away.
I am going to freeze these now and use them for playgroup when it reopens after the summer break.
I was sent the featured products in my monthly Degustaboxfollow for the purpose of a review. You can subscribe to Degustabox UK and receive a box every month yourself