These indulgent After Eight Triple Chocolate Brownies are made with three different types of chocolates and of course After Eight Mints. Perfect brownies for anytime of the year.
After Eight Brownies are nothing new, I know as I have seen them on social media may times before. However, having bought one too many boxes of these chocolates over Christmas, I decided that it was time for me to have a go at making my own version. Therefore, my After Eight Triple Chocolate Brownies are just that.
I added different types chocolate to this recipe, to compliment the mint flavour and because I had scraps of chocolate lurking inside my kitchen cupboard. However, I find that mint works well with both dark and white chocolate best, so of course I had to add both to my brownies.
The cooked brownies were also decorated with more chocolate still: milk, white and some more After Eight Mints too.
These After Eight Triple Chocolate Brownies tasted so delicious. They were still slightly gooey in the middle which just makes them so melt in the mouth perfect in my opinion .
This is another recipe that is great for using up any leftover chocolates.
After Eight Triple Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 150g After Eight Mints
- 50g white chocolate
- 4 tbsp warm milk
- 100g self raising flour
- 100g cocoa powder
- 50g milk chocolate and 50g dark chocolate, melted together
- 50g white chocolate ,melted
- 8 After Eight Mints , halved
- 16 white chocolate buttons
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C (fan)
- Grease and line a large rectangular or square cake tin (I used a lasagne dish) with non-stick baking parchment.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat well
- In a food processor add the chocolate (white and the After Eights) and blitz to chop to make smaller pieces .
- Add the chocolate to the butter and egg mixture and mix
- Add the milk and mix again
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and mix well
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared tin and smooth over
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. The brownie should have a slight wobble and the top a slight crust
- Allow to cool in the tin completely, then place on a wire rack to cool.
- Cover with the melted milk and dark chocolate chocolate and spread over with a palette knife Drizzle over the white chocolate, ad then using a shape knife mark your 16 portions.
- Then top each brownie with ½ and After Eight Minty and a white chocolate button for decoration.
- Leave to allow the chocolate to set and the enjoy
- **These will freeze well .
- Cut into squares and enjoy