These Chicken & Cherry Tomato Parcels with Green Pesto and Mozzarella are individually baked inside Bacofoil, which locks in all of the delicious flavours.
When it comes to cooking, I hate faffing around for ages in the kitchen. I like to cook meals that don’t take too long to prepare, that are packed full of flavour and do not make too much washing up. That is why I love this recipe for Chicken and Cherry Tomato Parcels with Green Pesto and Mozzarella, because it is easy and fast to prepare, it is very tasty and being baked inside individual Bacofoil sheets, means it doesn’t use lots of pots and pans either.
When Bacofoil asked me if I would like try out their recipe for Chicken & Cherry Tomato Parcels with Green Pesto and Mozzarella, I agreed because it seemed like my kind of go – to recipe. By this I mean minimum effort for maximum flavour and hardly any washing up required. Brilliant!
This is because the ingredients are cooked inside Bacofoil Non-Stick Kitchen Foil sheets, which being so non stick means that no oil is required and once cooked, the food can be removed from the foil with ease.
I have not used green pesto in many recipes when my children are involved, because they have turned their noses up at it previously. They have also refused to eat spinach (when visible , I have managed to disguise it in meals by finely chopping it and then they have not realised they have eaten this vegetable) in the past. However, they ate both of these ingredients this time, and this makes me love this recipe even more.
Here is how you can create this simple meal at home yourself:
Recipe for Chicken and Cherry Tomato Parcels with Green Pesto and Mozzarella
This recipe is based on 4 servings :
Bacofoil Non-Stick Kitchen Foil
4 x chicken breast fillets, skinless and boneless per person
200g cherry tomatoes or baby plum tomatoes
1 heaped tsp fresh pesto per chicken portion
4 x handfuls fresh spinach, washed
1 x ball mozzarella cheese, diced
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC fan/190ºC conventional/gas mark 5
- Take four large pieces of Bacofoil Non-Stick Kitchen Foil and place it dull side up onto a baking sheet
- Place a handful of spinach onto the dull side of each piece of foil, then add a chicken breast. Spread a teaspoonful of pesto over each breast, and divide the cherry tomatoes between the parcels
- Fold each piece of foil into a loose parcel, scrunching the ends together, and allow plenty of room for the steam to cook the ingredients. Then, place the foil parcels onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes
- Once cooked, very carefully open the parcels slightly, taking care as steam will escape, and check the chicken is almost cooked
- Scatter over the mozzarella and return to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes, leaving the parcels open until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the cheese is melted
Then you can serve alongside a green salad with crusty bread, or maybe some potatoes and vegetables, as I did and you have a delicious and nutritious meal cooked for your family that looks like you went to so much effort to do. When in fact it was very easy to do.
I really recommend this meal and I will be making this again and again from now on. Thank you Bacofoil for the recipe inspiration which all my family enjoyed and ate (without too much complaining!). Bacofoil Non Stick Kitchen Foil is very handy to have in the kitchen for use in various types of cooking and baking recipes, I always keep some in my drawer because it is so versatile.
This post was written in collaboration with Bacofoil Non Stick Kitchen Foil. All words are my own and the recipe was recreated from one I was sent to try.