This delicious zesty, creamy lemon no bake dessert, tastes like a cheesecake and yet it does not contain any cheese! Made with just 5 ingredients this Lemon CheatsCake is so easy to make and tastes fantastic!
I love cheesecakes, they are so creamy and delicious. However, sometimes when you go to make one, you cannot find any cream cheese in the fridge. This no bake dessert recipe is very similar to a cheesecake, except it does not contain any cheese! Instead it uses condensed milk , something I always have a can of in my kitchen cupboard.
I call this a Cheatscake because I think that is exactly what it is: a cheats way of making a cheesecake (and to be honest it is so creamy, you would not know it was not a cheesecake!). However, my OH’s Mum and his SIL refer to it as Thomas’s as it is recipe which they have been making for years and one that they introduced me too. The only differences I have made to this no bake pudding, is the fact that I have renamed it, I use ginger nut biscuits in place of digestives and I do not add any extra sugar to the biscuits in the base.
You do not have to decorate it with raspberries and white chocolate, you can use anything you like. Blueberries or strawberries would work, as do chocolate buttons, Maltesers nor even chocolate mini eggs if you are making this at Easter time.
It is so easy to make and the only ‘faffy’ part is having to zest and juice 3 lemons, but that does not take too long to do really.
This is a definite family favourite dessert with my OH’s family, and since I have been making it my Mum adores it too and we often have it as a dessert at family meals now. I have often wondered if an orange version would work, (not with ginger biscuits on the base of course, maybe chocolate ones….??!) I guess I will have to try that one day.
Anyway, here is the recipe for this Lemon Cheatscake
- 300g crushed biscuits – I like to use ginger nuts because they go well with lemon, but digestives would also work
- 100g melted butter
- 300ml double cream
- the zest & juice of 3 lemons
- I x can of condensed milk
- white chocolate, grated
- Mix biscuits and butter together and press down into a greased and lined loose bottomed cake tin and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile put the cream, condensed milk and lemon into a bowl and whisk until thick and creamy
- Spoon the creamy mixture on to the biscuit base
- Decorate with your choice of topping eg. Raspberries or chocolate or both!
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- Carefully remove from the tin , serve and enjoy
I have made a video showing you how easy it is to make too
Pin for later x
Linking up to: