This delicious Creme Egg Surprise Cake is a vanilla flavoured sponge containing Cadbury Mini Eggs ,aswell as hidden Cadbury Creme Egg slices in every slice. Delicious!
With Easter almost here, what better excuse to get baking with Cadbury Creme Eggs and Mini Eggs. Of course there are so many amazing recipes out there already using these yummy chocolates, so it is hard coming up with new ideas. However, I hope that my Creme Egg Surprise Cake is not too common.
It is a fairly easy and straight forward cake to make , and of course decorating it with mini eggs helps it to look pretty with their pastel colours.
The ‘surprise’ element to this cake, is that fact that each slice contains half a Cadbury Creme Egg.
The only slight trouble with using creme egg slices, is that a lot of the gooey centre oozes out of the cake while it cooks, which adds a wonderful caramelisation to the cake. However, it does mean that the cake slices while containing a slice of creme egg, it is mostly the chocolate left!
Mind you, this does not take away any yumminess!
You can just see the crushed mini eggs that were cooked inside the batter also
Here is the recipe for my Creme Egg Surprise Cake
- 125g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g Cadbury Mini Eggs,bashed with a rolling pin
- 175g self raising flour
- 8 Cadbury Creme Eggs,sliced in half
- 50g white chocolate, melted
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Supermarket own brand micro mini eggs
- Cadbury Creme Egg Twisted chocolates (cut in half)
- Pre heat the oven to 180oC / 160oC (fan)
- Grease and line a 22cm Gugelhupf Tin or if you do not own one, a similar sized bundt tin or round tin
- Cream the butter and sugar together for about 5 minutes until pale and soft
- Add the egg and the vanilla and beat together for a few more minutes
- Add the flour and the bashed mini eggs and mix well
- Pour a little of the batter Ito the base of the tin, then stand up the sliced creme egg pieces as per my photo
- Now top with the remaining batter
- Bake in the oven for approx 25 -30 minutes until cooked right through
- Leave to cool in the tin before carefully removing
- Once the cake is cold, drizzle the melted white chocolate over the top and the decorate with the mini, micro and creme egg twisted chocolates
- enjoy x
Pin for Later x
Bake of the Week
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Welcome to a new Bake of the Week. Thank you to everyone who linked up last week, all very delicious and perfect bakes for celebrations. Here they are:
Corina and her scrummy Peanut Butter Cookies
Gluterama with her decadent Mocha Cake which is also a vegan recipe
Jess with her tasty looking Algerian Semolina Bread
Louise and her fabulous Super Mario Birthday cake
Kate and her oh so pretty Best Gluten Free Vanilla Sponge recipe
How good do these Cheesecake Brownies look? Made by Jacqueline
Perfect with a bowl of homemade soup would be this Dairyfree Cheese & Onion Wholemeal Quick Bread by the Peachicks Bakery
Yummy looking Blueberry and Lemon Bakewell Cake by Cat
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus by my co-host Helen
My own Chocolate Fudge Cake
So now to pick my own Bake of the Week ……… Well Congratulations to Corina with her amazing looking Peanut Butter Cookies
The new linky opens every Thursday with a new Roundup, hosted by myself and Helen . The bakes linked up will be shared widely across Twitter, Pinterest, Stumble Upon, Facebook (when possible) & G+ . Also, all linked up bakes will have a link in the following week’s roundup and comments. If you can, please visit a couple of other entrants and let them know where you found them by leaving #BakeoftheWeek.
Furthermore, there is now a Bake of the Week Facebook group . Anyone with an interest in baking is invited to to join. We hope to build a real community of like-minded bakers from all areas. You don’t need to be a professional – Newbie questions are totally welcome. It is a safe place where no question is too basic or advanced. The link to add yourself is HERE
Please do link up your new #BakeoftheWeek here: