I have a brilliant festive guest post today from the wonderfully creative and clever Maggy from Red Ted Art, showing you how to make some cute DIY Christmas Ornaments. I know that my boys will love to try and make some of these, so please read on and find out how to make them.
Hello hello! Thank you so much for having me guest post from Red Ted Art. One thing we ADORE making there is DIY Christmas Ornaments. Not only are they fun to make, but they are great little gifts to give at Christmas time (Granny always loves them) but also make fantastic keepsakes. As the years go by our Christmas tree gets fuller and fuller with home Christmas Tree Decorations. Simply wonderful.
I have selected some of our favourite little decorations for you to take a look and hopefully have a go at too!
1. Now who can resist a button?! Save those buttons from old shirts, add some craft sticks into the mix and you have some fantastic Button Snowflakes decorations. Love how tactile they are too.
2. Similarly, you can easily add a button to another firm favourite Saltdough Hearts. Saltdough is inexpensive to make and so so versatile. The variations are endless. How about adding sea glass or lots of buttons to make Christmas Trees! And do check out these Santa Handprints!
3. Now my kids rather love these Edible Ornaments, I wonder why, can you guess? Make them in different flavours and they look great on the tree. A wonderful afternoon of baking and fun!
4. I also adore these traditional Walnut Babies from Germany. I personally have key childhood memories of making these! And they are so very cute.
5. Santa Corks (I love these little guys. Great for a game of “Santa Bowling” too!) and because we can’t get enough of corks, we also made ADORABLE Cork Penguin Ornaments!
6. We love getting the kids to learn new skills – have a go at this very simple Felt Heart and teach them how to sew
7. Traditions continue with these paper fan Austrian Paper Angel. So simple. Oh so sweet.
8. And finally, a bonus decoration idea – have you seen how FUN these melted Hama Bead Cookie Cutter Ornaments are??? Take a look and have a go!
As an aside, you may like this 3D Paper Angel Printable and these clever Christmas Paper Toys.
I do hope that you find some Christmas Decoration inspiration here and that you have found enough to get you crafting this Christmas! Which will you make first?!