I love rocky road, it has to be one of my all-time favourite non bake tray bakes. It is just so delicious and very hard to resist. This Malteser Rocky Road Xmas Pud is a little bit special as I have added Malteser chocolates to the recipe . Also, as you can see from the photon Das the name of this treat would suggest, I have shaped the rocky road to resemble a Christmas Pudding.
It is super easy to make. Plus,of course, it is super easy to eat! If you are not a fan of a more traditional fruit laden Christmas Pudding, then maybe this indulgent chocolate version is more to your liking, and could look very striking served on Christmas Day.
Here is how I made my Malteser Rocky Road Xmas Pud
- 150g mini marshmallows
- 100g glace cherries, cut in half
- 200g maltesers
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 125g unsalted butter
- 300g milk chocolate
- 100g white chocolate
- 1 red skittle/1 glace cherry and two holly leaves for decoration - optional
- Grease and line a small pudding basin
- Place the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a saucepan and place on a low heat and allow to melt all together, stirring occasionally.
- Once melted, remove from the heat and add the Maltesers, marshmallows, and glace cherry halves and stir quickly to ensure they are all coated in the mleted chocolate and butter sauce
- Pour into your bowl and place in a fridge over night
- Next day, carefully remove your rocky road pudding and place upside down onto a plate
- melt the chocolate (I did mine in the microwave on 30 second intervals and took about 2 minutes in total) and stir and then pour over the top of the rocky road
- *Note - as the rocky road is cold the white chocolate will start to set a little so work fast!
- It does not matter if the white chocolate runs down the sides - it is resembling pouring cream afterall!
- Place your skittle sweet/glace cherry on the top in the centre and return to the fridge to set - about an hour
- Once set, remove and add some holly leaves to garnish
- To serve: cut into slices - a little goes a long way as it is very rich!!
One word – YUM!
Of course my diet will be resumed in January!
Other fantastic Rocky Road Recipes you might enjoy: