What I love about no bake cheesecakes, is that they are always very easy to make and they only need 4 hours in the fridge to set. Plus you can add so many different flavours and toppings to make each one unique and yummy.
Here is a video showing you how to make this Cheesecake
Full Recipe and Method for Malteser and Nutella Cheesecake
- 200g chocolate digestives
- 75g unsalted butter
- 2 grab bags of Maltesers (2 x 135g bags)
- 2 tbsp nutella chocolate spread
- 300ml double cream
- 350ml tub of good quality cream cheese (I used full fat)
- Grease a loose bottomed 20cm round tin
- Melt the butter in the microwave or saucepan
- Meanwhile crush the biscuits and half the contents of one of the Malteser bags – I used a food processor.
- Add the biscuits and Malteser crumbs to the butter and mix well and place into the base of the tin, pressing down to make a flat and even base.
- Then place the cream and cream cheese into a large mixing bowl and whisk together – I used an electric hand whisk – for about 2 minutes initially
- Then add the chocolate spread and continue to whisk until the cheesecake filling is semi rigid – by this I mean the mixture needs to be thick but not so thick that there is no movement.
- Then bash the remaining half filled Malteser bag with the rolling pin again to make some Malteser dust and chards, and add these to the cheesecake mixture and stir through
- Then pour the filling on to the biscuits base and spread over evenly
- To decorate the cheesecake I top it with some whole Maltesers (about ¾ of the second bag) and then crush the remaining ¼ of the bag as before, and scatter the crushed ones over the whole ones (see below)