These delicious Knoppers Brownies smell as great as they taste! A double chocolate brownie, poured over a Knoppers waffle base and topped with white chocolate and more Knoppers, these brownies are as easy to eat as they are to make!
Knopper Brownies are very easy to make and if you love wafers, hazelnut chocolate and chocolate brownies then you are going to enjoy these very much.
When I was asked if I would like to review some Knoppers, the first thing I did was have a little snigger at the name. I know, very childish. It turns out that you actually pronounce them as K-noppers which is Dutch, so a lady who resides in Holland told me only IG feed. Apparently, Knoppers are also huge over in Germany and this was relayed to me by my friend who lives there. However, for me this was my first time trying Knoppers and I have to say I am converted! I fact my whole family are a little bit in love with them, they are just so delicious!
As you can see I was sent a large box to trial, and two went missing almost immediately !
I decided that I would incorporate some Knoppers into a recipe, and straight away I thought that they would work in brownies.
I was right – they work perfectly. The wafers still have a slight texture within the brownies, and the chocolate hazelnut filling of them add a gorgeous flavour to the cake. They smell so good too!
Recipe for Knoppers Brownies
- 400g chocolate spread
- 2 eggs
- 60g flour
- 200g white chocolate chips
- 8 Knoppers
- 200g white chocolate
- 3 Knoppers, cut into bite sized cubes
- Pre heat the oven to 180oC /160oC (fan)
- Grease and line an 8inch square brownie tin
- On the bottom of the tin, cover with the Knoppers,with the chocolate side facing up. You will have to slice a couple in half to cover the entire base of the tin.
- Place the chocolate spread, eggs and flour into a large bowl and mix well
- Stir thorough the white chocolate chips
- Pour the batter over the Knoppers ad smooth over
- Bake in the oven for approx 25 minutes
- Leave too cool completely before removing from the tin
- Once cold, pour melted white chocolate over the top ad spread it on evenly. Then top with small pieces of the Knoppers as per my photo.
- enjoy 🙂
I was sent some Knoppers for the purpose of a review.