Candy Cane White Chocolate Cheesecake is a perfect festive dessert at Christmas. Creamy white chocolate no bake cheesecake with a minty chocolate biscuit base, topped with candy canes and more white chocolate – what’s not to love?
Every year for Christmas I like to serve a cheesecake alongside the more traditional Christmas pudding. Therefore, each year I enjoy coming up with a new one to surprise my family with every Christmas Day. This year I have decided to have a go at making a Candy Cane White Chocolate Cheesecake , which I think looks and sounds very festive.
I was recently sent a shiny new Kenwood Chef Elite with which to create some festive recipes with. Last week I featured my cute Rudolph’s Red Nose Chocolate Cake which was made using the K-beater attachment. For making a cheesecake I used the whisk attachment, which, with the Kenwood Chef Elite’s 1200W Motor whisked up the filling in next to time! *note to self* I must not wander off when making a cheesecake filling ,because it was ready VERY fast!
My Candy Cane White Chocolate Cheesecake has a minty biscuit base too, as I used mint flavoured Oreo biscuits. I added peppermint essence to the cheesecake filling, but despite adding 4tsp it isn’t actually that minty after all. However, with the minty base and the crushed candy canes added to the top of it, I think this cheesecake has just the right taste of peppermint flavour.
I added some homemade white chocolate peppermint stars as decoration. However, this is not necessary if you would prefer not to, because the cheesecake without them is pretty and delicious enough. Of course if you fancy making some, I think it does make for a more striking dessert (and white chocolate and candy cane is a yummy combination) .
I managed to find some mini candy canes which I used to decorate the cheesecake with and to assist with marking out portion sizes for when serving this pudding.
Therefore, if you are a fan of white chocolate and peppermint and you adore cheesecakes, then this could be the perfect dessert for you this Christmas.
Candy Cane White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- 300g mint flavoured Oreos
- 100g butter + extra for greasing
- 300ml double cream
- 200g mascarpone
- 300g full fat soft cream cheese
- 250g white chocolate, melted
- 3 -4 tsp peppermint essence
- 250g white chocolate
- candy canes - I used 14-16 mini ones for decorating around the cheesecake, and then 6 larger ones which need to be crushed into shards
- edible silver balls and white balls
- Grease and line a loose bottomed tin (8 inch)
- Place the biscuits and the 100g of butter biscuits in a food processor and blitz Ito crumbs.
- Pour the buttery biscuit mixture into the bottom of your tin and press down to make your base
- Leave to one side
- Place the cream, cream cheese and mascarpone into a food processor or large bowl and beat together until it thickens. You don't want it stiff - just thick and creamy with some movement
- Stir through the melted chocolate along with the peppermint essence
- Pour it all into your biscuit based lined tin and smooth over the top
- Cover with foil and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- *meanwhile make your decorations*
- Melt all but 50g of the white chocolate and pour into piping bag
- Using a cookie cutter or with a freehand, draw some star shapes onto some greaseproof paper.
- Now pipe on some chocolate ad using a knife, spread it into the drawn shapes
- Scatter some of the crushed candy canes onto each star. I made 6 but you can make as many as you like in as many sizes as you desire.
- Place them in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set
- *Assembling your cheesecake*
- Carefully remove it from your tin and place on to serving plate/stand
- Melt the remaining 50g of white chocolate
- Hang the mini candy canes around the sides of the cheesecake
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the cheesecake and top with some crushed candy cane sticks , ad the white and silver balls
- Then add your homemade chocolate stars and your cheesecake is ready to serve
Pin for later x
For more cheesecake recipe ideas please click here
Bake of the Week
Thank you to everyone who linked up with Helen last week. All of the bakes, including the ones baked by Helen and myself, were all festive themed and they included:
Mincemeat & Marzipan Wreath by Helen
Strasbourg Kouglof – Brioche Buns with Almonds & Rum Soaked Raisins by Choclette
Lime and White Chocolate Tart by Lucy
Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Jenny
Snowball Cupcakes by Kat
Vegan and GF Chocolate Orange Cupcakes by Cat
Rudolph’s Red Nose Chocolate Cake by me
Turkey, Pheasant and Cranberry Pie by Kirsty
Of course I need to pick a favourite #Bakeoftheweek, and I am going with this one
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
The new linky opens every Thursday with a new Roundup, hosted by myself and Helen . We share widely across Twitter, Pinterest, Stumble Upon, Facebook (when possible) & G+ aswell as linking to each entry in the following week’s roundup and comments. If you get chance, please visit a couple of other entrants and let them know where you found them by leaving #BakeoftheWeek.
There is now a Bake of the Week Facebook group which has just been opened. Anyone with an interest in baking is invited to to join. We hope to build a real community of like-minded bakers from all areas. You don’t need to be a professional – Newbie questions are totally welcome. We will be a safe place where no question is too basic or advanced. The link to add yourself is HERE
I cannot wait to see your new #BakeoftheWeek
I have been sent a Kenwood Chef Elite for the purpose of reviewing it while baking some festive themed recipes.