This colourful Mini Egg Easter Nest Cake is an Easter mini egg lovers dream! It would make a great centrepiece for any Easter celebration, or why not make it afterwards to sue up any leftover or excess Easter chocolates.
I love Easter for baking ideas. I think I have said that many times now – sorry about that! Except, I am not really sorry because I love any excuse to get creative at this time of year, and I am very excited that this gorgeous Mini Egg Easter Nest Cake is to co-incide with a very EGG-citing give away too.
I am very egg-cited because Mary Berry is launching a new range of beautiful homeware products, perfect for cake eaters and tea drinkers everywhere – including me!
As anyone who follows my blog , or who knows me in real life, will know I am a huge fan of the Great British Bake Off and host my own Bloggers Bake Off linky on this blog, and I think Mary is a brilliant baker and a real inspiration. So I am thrilled to announce that I have a give away where one lucky baking enthusiast can win a set of her new homeware range and a signed copy of her book. PLUS Mary herself will judge the best bake. So please keep reading to find out more.
Firstly the cake: so it is a vanilla flavoured sponge cake, sandwiched together with some chocolate spread and then covered inna. white chocolate and cream cheese frosting. Then I have decorated it with some mini eggs and a white chocolate crispy nest sits on top like a majestic crown filled with more mini eggs. Yes a crispy cake nest on top of a cake! How delicious and decadent lol!
As with all of my cakes, this is very easy to make and I think it looks very striking and would be an amazing cake to present at any gathering with friends or family, or indeed both, over Easter.
Or you could make it after Easter to use up any Easter eggs you have left, unless you never have Easter egg leftovers of course!
Here is the recipe for my Mini Egg Easter Nest Cake before the big give away reveal!!!!!
- *For the Cake*
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- milk chocolate spread
- *For the Frosting*
- 100g full fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp of white chocolate spread
- *For the crispy nest*
- 200g white chocolate
- 100g Rice Krispies
- LOTS of Cadbury's mini eggs - approx 700g
- *White chocolate crispy nest*
- I would suggest you make this first.
- Melt the chocolate and then stir in the rice krispies
- Line a 6 inch loose bottomed cake tin and pour in the Krispies and press down
- I used an egg cup although a small tea cup would work, and pushed it in to the centre of my nest
- Cover with foil and chill in there fridge until it is needed
- *For the cake*
- pre heat the oven to 180oC / 160oC (fan)
- grease and line 2 x 8 inch sandwich tins
- cream the butter and sugar together for about 5 minutes until pale and soft
- add the eggs, the vanilla extract and a spoonful of the flour and beat for a few more minutes
- fold in the remaining flour
- divide the batter between the two tins and then cook in the oven for 22-25 minutes approx
- leave the cakes to cool
- once the sponges are cold to the touch, sandwich together with some milk chocolate spread
- make your frosting by beating the cream cheese and white chocolate spread together
- place your cake onto your plate or board
- cover the whole cake with the frosting
- Then decorate with your mini eggs as per my design
- Finally, carefully remove your now set nest from its tin, and remove the egg cup/tea cup and place it on top of your cake in the centre
- Fill with more mini eggs
- Cover and chill in the fridge and remove 30 mins before serving.
- enjoy x
Pin for later
Mary Berry Homeware Give Away
Mary is launching this beautiful set of home ware which is just so pretty and elegant
Here are the things you need to know in order to enter:
- Cake Stand
- Cake forks
- Cake slice
- Mug set
- Signed book from Mary – one for an overall winner
Easter Inspired Bakes
To enter and be in with a chance of winning this amazing prize, which Mary herself will judge you need to upload a photograph of an Easter inspired bake. If you are a blogger then you can include a full blog post, however, if you do not have a blog or maybe you have baked a cake but have not blogged it, then this is also fine as you can just enter with a photograph. It can be an old or new recipe.
Please link up your photo/recipe below or on my Mummy Mishaps Facebook page and use the hashtag #Maryseasterbakes
Only open to UK residents.
- The competition will run from 14th April until the 27th April
- Mary will judge the finalists, and choose a winner from each blog that is hosting this give away and an overall winner for the signed book.
- Winner will need to supply their address
Good luck and thanks for entering.