I know it is almost Easter Sunday , but there is still time to squeeze in another easter inspired recipe and this time it is chocolate mini egg cookies . I actually made these back in February , but I have had so many other recipes to share since then that I almost forgot about these!
These cookies are egg-ceedingly easy to make as they only require 4 ingredients , so what are you waiting for – get cracking and bake some while you still have time! Of course, they could be made after Easter when you might have lots of mini eggs that you collected from the Easter Bunny , and want to eat them in a different way.
- 100g self raising flour
- 1 jar of chocolate spread
- 1 egg
- 1 packet of Tesco mini, mini eggs (or normal sized ones would do I am sure)
- Pre heat the oven to 180oC / 160oC (fan)
- grease and line 2 baking trays
- Place all of the ingredients except the mini eggs into the bowl of a free standing mixer (or use a bowl and a wooden spoon) and mi together to form a dough
- Remove the bowl and stir in the mini eggs
- Divide the dough into 12 small balls and place on the baking trays about 4cm apart
- Gently push each ball down to make them flat
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove and allow to cool before placing on a wire rack.
- Keep them in a tin to keep them fresh
Very easy and very tasty – my kind of cookie!