Last month saw Sport Relief and unless you have been living under a rock in the blogging world you will have seen all the fantastic work that was done by the fantastic Team Honk in transporting a baton from Lands End all the way to John O’Groats. Oh and that is not all as these bloggers (including myself) have all done something special like dress up as super heroes, swim in a river, ride a children’s ride on across a beach, cycle, run along the North Cornwall/North Devon coastal path in stormy wet and windy weather and so much more. You can read all about the Team Honk Relay and who has done what to raise money here
Another way to raise money for Sport Relief of course is to hold a bake sale and some of you may have watched the Sport Relief Bake Off on BBC 2 earlier in the year, and seen some of the brilliant, aswell as darn right hilarious, baking efforts of the contestants
This gave me and some of the bake off bloggers from last year’s GBBO linky, the idea (even if I am a few weeks late in announcing this – apologies but real life has been very hectic since the new year) of hosting a Team Honk Great Bloggers Bake Off (THGBBO). The idea is to post a recipe, or more than one if you so wish, and link up to the blog hop and please add the badge below, and I am asking everyone who links up to please donate a minimum of £2 to the Team Honk fundraising page afterall this is about raising money for Sport Relief aswell as to show off our baking (or lack off) skills. There may also be an e-book made of the best and possibly worse (in a good natured funny way of course!) bakes later in the year to raise more money, so your baking efforts may even be published!!
It really does not matter if you are a good or bad cook the main thing is to join in and have some fun and raise some money. It could be as simple as fairy cakes with glace cherry red noses on top, maybe cherry scones, or you could go all out and create a show stopper of a cake with a sporting theme like this amazing cake by Tanya
The linky is open from today until Monday 28th April allowing you plenty of time to get baking. Including myself as I have not decided what I will be baking!
And don’t forget, if you do actually hold a bake sale for Sport Relief you can download some official documentation and order yourself an apron here.
After the closing date, there will be prizes for the funniest and most show stopping bakes (2 winners in total) and they will be chosen by a mysterious and yet-to-be-confirmed- celebrity – more details to follow when I know more myself. BUT it is pretty epic and honkworthy 🙂
**** I can announce that the celebritity judge of the Team Honk Bake Off will be
wooooo hoooooo – so what are you waiting for???
The rules are very simple:
- bake something with a Sport Relief/Sporty/Team Honk Relay/ Red Nose theme – it can be as OTT as you wish or it can be very modest. It can be funny or serious and even if it all goes wrong, blog about it anyway because it could be chosen for being the funniest
- the bake must be made by you or your children, no bought cakes please
- please add the special Great Bloggers Team Honk Badge to your post
- please add a link to my blog so people know who is hosting it
- please add the blog hop code
- you must donate at least £2 to the Team Honk fundraising page which is here and you must leave your blog URL so we can check that you have donated
- you are allowed to link up more than one recipe but that will mean more than one donation please
- please try and comment on a few other fellow bakers posts even if it is the two either side of yours on the blog hop
So what are you waiting for?
Get your aprons ready and on your marks, get set and baaaaaaaake!
Good luck 🙂