These delicious chocolate Mini Eggs Brownies are a very easy way to incorporate these yummy treats into a simple brownies recipe. Give them a try, assuming you can save some mini eggs for them of course!
It is almost Easter and that means that ever since Boxing Day, chocoolate Easter eggs have been on sale in all good supermarkets, garages and convenient stores. It also means that it is an opportunity (excuse even) to bake lots of yummy Easter inspired goodies. Take these chocolate Mini Egg Brownies, they are extremely easy to make and taste great. However, the real test is being able to spare enough mini eggs to make them with!
If you have enough will power to spare enough mini eggs from entering your mouth in order to make these brownies, then I urge you to give them a try. I know that every year it is all about the Creme Egg Brownies , but my favourite Easter egg is the Cadbury mini egg.
This is a simple brownie recipe, and one that I have used a few times now and you can find more brownie recipes on my blog (see my search bar). Each brownies contains milk, white and mini egg chocolate pieces adding lovely textures and flavours and then the tops are decorated with more white chocolate and mini eggs too. Yum!
So if you fancy giving them a try, please do because you will not be disappointed.
Recipe for Mini Egg Brownies :
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 50g crushed mini eggs (ie. bashed with a rolling pin!)
- 50g white chocolate
- 100g good quality milk chocolate
- 4 tbsp warm milk
- 100g self raising flour
- 100g cocoa powder
- 100g white chocolate, melted
- More mini eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C (fan)
- Grease and line a large rectangular or square cake tin (I used a lasagne dish) with non-stick baking parchment.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat well
- In food processor add the chocolate (white and milk) and blitz to chop to make smaller pieces .
- Add the crushed mini eggs and chocolate into the butter and egg mixture and mix
- Add the milk and mix again
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and mix well
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared tin and smooth over
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. The brownie should have a slight wobble and the top a slight crust
- Allow to cool in the tin completely, then place on a wire rack to cool.
- Drizzle over the white chocolate and then top with more Mini Eggs, as many as you see fit really.
- Cut into squares and enjoy
Pin for later x