These delicious blueberry pancakes are fluffy, light and a little bit purple. Eat them as they are or add some white chocolate foursome extra indulgence.
I love pancakes and at long last my boys do too now. It took a lot of pancakes in the bin for the pair of them to actually like them enough to request them for breakfast mind you, but now we have them at least once a week. These purple coloured blueberry pancakes are very easy to make and taste delicious with or without a white chocolate drizzle.
When I received my new Degustabox for this month, it took me a week or so to work out what I could make with some of the items inside it. Then suddenly it hit me – make pancakes using the Weetabix on the go Blueberry and Blackberry drink in place of the milk. This made a lovely thick pancake batter which was a delicate pale purple in colour, and hence these are more like American style pancakes. I also aded some fresh blueberries into the batter once it was in the pan.
Then, and this is purely optional of course and only for very special occasions like maybe birthdays or at Easter where you have an abundance of chocolate, and I melted my Lindt white chocolate bunny to drizzle over the cooked pancakes as a bit of indulgence.
To be honest these blueberry pancakes tasted lovely just as they are straight form the pan, and certainly my boys preferred them this way. They were so fluffy and light and full of juicy blueberry flavour.
However, the white chocolate did make them extra special and complimented their flavour perfectly. Yummy and naughty in equal measures!
If you fancy having a go at making these yourself – either with or without the white chocolate naughtiness, then here is the recipe.
- low cal spray
- 1 cup (350g flour)
- 1 egg
- 1 bottle of Weetabix on the go blueberry and blackberry milk protein drink (or the same qty of milk)
- fresh blueberries
- 100g white chocolate / 1 Lindt white chocolate bunny (optional)
- fresh fruit to serve
- place the flour, the Weetabix drinks and the egg in a large bowl and whisk for a few minutes until well combined
- spray a little of the low cal spray into a non stick pan and place over a high heat
- add a ladel full of the batter into the pan to make your pancakes
- just before you flip the first side, add some fresh blueberries and then carefully turn the pancake over and cook the second side
- repeat until all of the batter is used up
- serve as they are OR
- melt the white chocolate and drizzle it over the pancakes - you might not use it all i didn't
- serve with some fresh fruit, tuck in and enjoy
Mmmmmm – how naughty but oh so goooood!
I was sent the featured products in my monthly Degustaboxfollow for the purpose of a review. You can subscribe to Degustabox UK and receive a box every month yourself.