I would like to thank the ever so saucy Jaymee at Kookoocachu
for tagging me in a meme entitled:
So here are 5 things I have done in my life which seemed like a good idea at the time:
1. When I was about 7 years old there was an Olde English Sheepdog (like the Dulex dog – have to watch how I spell that word LOL!) who lived at the bottom of our road. One night after school whilst out playing with some other kids, I decided to approach the dog and stroke it. Unfortunately the dog leapt up at me and ‘bit’ me over my left eye! There was a lot of blood and a mad rush to get me to the hospital but luckily it was just a cut above my eye and it did not affect my eyesight. Needless to say, petting that cuddly looking dog was not a good idea afterall.
2. During my 1st year at uni I thought it would be a good idea to go to the pub before one of my classes – you know how it is, sunny day, bottle after bottle of cider were calling my name and forcing me to drink them! Anyway about 6 bottles later (I think it was Woodpecker cider if memory serves me right!) I made my way to my film studies class – I must have been stinking ha ha. I did manage to stay for the whole 2 hours – even tho I must have popped out to the loo about 4 times and kept giggling at random times! Hmmmm note to self – don’t get drunk before a lesson it is hard going to sound intelligent when you are slurring your words and stinking like a pub! Plus alcohol and sitting through film clips = hard to keep eyes open near end of the lesson!
3. I once snogged my first boyfriends brother when he was sleeping off a night of drinking upstairs!! It turned out that his brother had fancied me first but did not get chance to ask me out before Tom did. It also explained why Rob always acted weird around me whenever I was at their house. Anyway, all we did was snog and there may have been possible rubbing off my breast area and his shorts area (!). Anyway, I cannot remember now how Tom found out but when he did it was not good – 2 brothers fighting over me!!! Hmm, getting off with boyfriend brother – definately not a good idea!
4. Getting so drunk that you wake up the next morning and cannot remember how you got home and some of the things that happened the night before! This used to be quite a regular occurance – usually as a result of not eating before a night out!! I have not done this for quite a few years now but in my early 20’s this happened a lot! There are just too many stories I could share but BIG lesson I learnt here – know your limits! So not eating before night out and downing too many drinks (and usually doing really stupid things whilst under the influence) not a good idea, even though at the time when the alcohol is flowing and you are having a laugh with your mates it seems the best idea!
5. Appearing on a TV show telling the British public a story entitled “what’s the strangest thing you have ever done for money”. Yes it was a saucy tale – but maybe not that saucy!! Hmmm I don’t regret appearing on the Lily Allen show and telling my story – afterall out of this good idea me and my friend got a free night in a hotel, free drink at the bar and £50 it is just that with You Tube (yes the clip is on there!) one day my son could be embarrassed by his mother’s antics!
There are 5 out of possibly hundreds of examples of things that seemed a good idea at the time. Let’s face it alcohol is normally behind most of these moments!!
Ok I am going to tag:
and the rules are as follows:
1. you have to thank the person that tagged you by tagging them back!
2. Use the picture in your post.
3. Tell everyone 5 things you did in your life that seemed like a good idea at the time!
4. Nominate 7 other people to do the same and link to there blogs.
5. Let the people you have nominated know.
If you would like to read more about my mummy mishaps please subscribe by email or via RSS feed 🙂
Thank you xx